YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT EATS
Why Grass-Fed Beef?
recommend grass-fed beef because it may reduce your risk of a number of diseases, including diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease and cancer.
Nutrition and wellness provider
recognize grass-fed beef for being nutritionally superior. “You are what you eat,” and “You are what you eat EATS.”
appreciate the sustainable agricultural practices that form the base of its solar production model.
Animal welfare advocates
favor grass-fed beef because it allows for healthier animals, raised with respect. They are animals that are raised in a manner that provides the fulfillment of their natural behavioral instincts – grazing on pasture.
seek grass-fed beef as an alternative to the gigantic “factory farms” and feedlots in industrial beef production, where animals are fed low-level antibiotics, hormones, an aberrant diet, and chemicals to speed gain. They are rediscovering the quality and care of products that are raised with pride on American family farms.
Health Benefits of Grass-Fed Beef
- Excellent source of high-quality protein, iron, zinc, selenium, phosphorous and the B-complex vitamins
- Lower in fat and calories – grass-fed beef has the same amount of fat as skinless chicken breast (½ to ⅓ lower total fat than feedlot beef). A 16-oz. grass-fed steak has approximately 264 fewer calories than feedlot beef
- Higher in Omega-3s – the “good” fats that are heart friendly, brain enhancing and cancer-risk reducing
- High in CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) – grass-fed beef is the richest source of the “good” fat, which reduces cancer and cardiovascular disease risks
- Higher in Vitamin E – grass-fed beef has four times more of this antioxidant and anti-aging nutrient
- Higher in carotenoids – grass-fed beef has four times more beta-carotene than feedlot beef.
- Safer – grass-fed beef is millions-fold lower in E. coli and carries no risk of Mad Cow Disease
A HOLISTIC APPROACH
Our cattle are born, raised and finished on open grass pastures in the rolling hills of Southern Missouri.
We practice a holistic approach to farm management, which sustains and nourishes the environment through pasture restoration and soil improvement. We take care of our animals and land with the upmost respect – because in turn they take care of us.
All beef raised by Rain Crow Ranch is BORN, RAISED AND PROCESSED in the USA.
American Grassfed® Association (AGA) Certified 100% Grassfed
Our cattle are bred for the quality of their beef and receive a forage diet where they are continually rotated to fresh pastures. Our animals are never held in confinement, never fed antibiotics, and never receive synthetic growth hormones. This standard is third-party verified by the American Grassfed® Association.
Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Step 4
GAP is a non-profit organization made up of farmers, scientists, retailers, manufacturers and animal advocates, all collaborating with a common purpose: improve farm animal welfare. This is a 5-Step® Welfare Rating Program for farm animals, where farms and ranches are audited every 15 months by an independent third party.